Kenneth, Indiana: (n. d.). Ca early 20th C. (?). 4 silver gelatin prints, black & white, matte finish. All captioned in the plate with white lettering, with photo ID number [87192, 87193, 87232, 87233]. Versos blank. These appear to be 'copy' photographs. 7-1/2" x 9-5/8". All now housed in a clear archival mylar sleeve. Images generally clear & sharp, with good tonality. Evidence of prior handling. #87192 lacks upper left corner. Overall, Very Good. Item #51277
"The Casparis Stone Company opened in 1893 and operated until 1927. Limestone was shipped to Gary and South Chicago for use in the steel-making process. The stone was used as a flux. It was mixed with iron ore and coke. The company shipped 750,000 tons of crushed stone annually. The Casparis Company employed between 250 and 300 workers who were paid 40 cents to 45 cents per hour. They worked 12 to 14 hour days, seven days a week. George France bought the quarry in 1927. Limestone removal continued but the supply of quality stone was being depleted. The quarry was closed in 1937 and much of the equipment was moved to Keeport east of Logansport." [Cass County Indiana History website].