A PRELIMINARY REPORT On The EXCAVATIONS At The HOUSE Of JIREH BULL on Tower Hill in Rhode Island.; Issued at the General Court of the Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, by its Governor, Henry Clinton Dexter, Esquire and the Council of the Society December 31, 1917. Rhode Island Local History, Jireh Bull, d. 1684.
A PRELIMINARY REPORT On The EXCAVATIONS At The HOUSE Of JIREH BULL on Tower Hill in Rhode Island.; Issued at the General Court of the Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, by its Governor, Henry Clinton Dexter, Esquire and the Council of the Society December 31, 1917.
A PRELIMINARY REPORT On The EXCAVATIONS At The HOUSE Of JIREH BULL on Tower Hill in Rhode Island.; Issued at the General Court of the Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, by its Governor, Henry Clinton Dexter, Esquire and the Council of the Society December 31, 1917.

A PRELIMINARY REPORT On The EXCAVATIONS At The HOUSE Of JIREH BULL on Tower Hill in Rhode Island.; Issued at the General Court of the Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, by its Governor, Henry Clinton Dexter, Esquire and the Council of the Society December 31, 1917.

Providence: Printed for the Society by E. A. Johnson & Company, [1917]. 1st Printing. 16 pp. Photographic frontispiece. Map, p. 8. Pamphlet accompanied by a black vinyl 3-ring notebook containing 24 ~ 8" x 10" b/w captioned photos of the excavation site. 8vo. Pamphlet with red paper covers printed in black. Now housed in an archival mylar sleeve. Pamphlet with general wear & soiling, period poi to top right of front cover. Small damp spot at interior base of text block. A VG copy. Notebook - VG+. Photos, clear sharp, VG+ - Nr Fine. Item #49804

"The Jireh Bull Blockhouse (RI-926, also known as the Jireh Bull Garrison House or Jireh Bull Block House) is an historic archaeological site on Middlebridge Road in South Kingstown, Rhode Island. In 1657 a blockhouse was built on the site by Jireh Bull, son of Rhode Island Governor Henry Bull. The stone garrison house was burned by the Native Americans in King Philip's War on December 15, 1675, and fifteen of its defenders were massacred. The site was acquired by the Rhode Island Historical Society in 1925.

The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983." [Wiki].

Price: $175.00

See all items in Americana