Ottawa, Canada: F. A. Acland, King's Printer, . 1st Printing. 24 pp. Contents include an illustrated history of the tower and its carillon, as well as the summer program. Illustrated with 9 captioned b/w half-tone photographic images. 8vo. 8-1/8" x 5". Tan textured paper covers, with front cover image of the Tower drawn by Paul Alfred [signed in the plate], stapled. Now housed in an archival mylar sleeve. Average wear. Period pos to p. 1 upper margin. Very Good. Item #49182
From Wiki, we find that a "carillon is a musical instrument typically housed in the bell tower (belfry) of a church or municipal building. The instrument consists of at least 23 cast bronze, cup-shaped bells, which are played serially to produce a melody, or together to play a chord. A traditional manual carillon is played by striking a keyboard—the stick-like keys of which are called batons—with the fists, and by pressing the keys of a pedal keyboard with the feet. The keys mechanically activate levers and wires connected to metal clappers which strike the bells."
Here, this Carillon "was installed and inaugurated in the presenced of His Excellency the Viscount Willingdon, Governor General of Canada, at noon on the first day of July, 1927, on the occasion of the celebration of the sixtieth anniversary of the Confederation of Canada."
Uncommon, no copies located on OCLC.