(divers places): 1946 - 1959. SIGNED by the Author. Divers paginations. Misc. sizes, many 10" x 7-1/4". Most printed self-wrappers, stapled. All housed in blue-spined casing with blue paste-paper boards. Typed title label, "Lambert", to spine. General age-toning, and modest signs of use. Overall Very Good. Item #48627
J. M. Lambert was a British ecologist and botanist perhaps best known for her work on the Norfolk Broads where she determined, after extensive peat digging, that the Broads were man-made. This small archive contains several of her scholarly publications, some signed by her, as well as correspondence with Danish botanist, Sigurd Otto Maglegaard Olsen.
The items in this archive are as follows:
- Lambert, J.M.. A Note on the Physiognomy of Glyceria Maxima Reedswamps in Norfolk. Norfolk & Norwich Naturalists’ Society, 1946. Offprint, stapled wrappers, pages 246-259. Signed by Lambert on front wrapper.
- Lambert, J. M. The British Species of Glyceria. The Botanical Society of the British Isles, 1949. Offprint, stapled wrappers, pages 86-89 + 3 plates. Signed by Lambert as well as bearing the ownership stamp of Sigurd Olsen.
- Lambert, J. M. Biological Flora of the British Isles. British Ecological Society, 1947. Offprint, wrappers, pages 310-344. Signed by Lambert.
- Lambert, J. M. The Distribution and Status of Glyceria Maxima (hartm.) Holmb. In the Region of Surlingham and Rockland Broads, Norfolk. 1946. Offprint, wrappers, pages 230 -267 + 1 map + 2 plates. Signed by Lambert.
- Lambert, J. M. The Past, Present and Future of the Norfolk Broads. Delivered to members of the Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists’ Society at the Castle Museum, 19th April, 1952. Octavo, stapled, pages 223-258 + plates and charts. Signed by Lambert.
- Lambert, J. M. A Survey of the Bockland-Claxton Level, Norfolk. 1948. Offprint, wrappers, pages 120-135. Signed by Lambert.
- Lambert, J. M.; Williams, W. T. Multivariate Methods in Plant Ecology. I. Association-Analysis in Plant Communities. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications, 1959. Wrappers, pages 83-101. Signed by Lambert.
- Lambert, J. M.; Jennings, J. N. Alluvial Stratigraphy and Vegetational Succession in the Region of the Bure Valley Broads. 1951. Offprint from the Journal of Ecology. Three volumes, wrappers, pages 106-119,120-148 + charts, 149-170 + plates. First volume signed by Lambert.
- TLS from Lambert to Olsen thanking him for his recent letter and newspaper clipping; the TL and clipping from Olsen are also included.