(San Francisco). May 12th 1923. 1st Printing. Broadside. Color illustration of children. Approx. 7" x 3-3/4". White card stock, color illustration of three child at tail (two ballerinas and one bay in a suit) and one child dressed as a chef at the head, blue lettering, now housed in a mylar sleeve. A VG copy. Edges and corners are bit rubbed, some age toning, light soiling, overall bright and legible. Item #46699
Camille's Rotisserie opened April 14 1923 by Evarist Camille Mailhebuau (died December 3 1924); This menu is from about a month after opening. The restaurant went on years after his death. Mailhebuau is probably most famous for Frank's Rotisserie and Old Poodle Dog restaurants in San Francisco.
A[dolph] B[ernard] Spreckles (1857-1924) "was a California businessman who ran Spreckels Sugar Company and who donated the California Palace of the Legion of Honor art museum to the city of San Francisco in 1924. His wife Alma was called the "great grandmother of San Francisco". His 55-room mansion, built in 1913 in Pacific Heights is the current home of novelist Danielle Steel." [wiki].
John McLaren (1846-1943) "served as superintendent of the Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, CA for 53 years...He was friends with John Muir, and dedicated his life to vigorous advocacy and development of the 1,017-acre (4.12 km2) Golden Gate Park, one of the largest public parks in the world, using considerable political skill in addition to his remarkable gardening skill. Appointed Park Superintendent in 1887, he requested thirty thousand dollars a year for park building." [wiki].