(n. p.): (n. d.). Ca 1880s. Single sheet, printed recto only [blue ink, a derivative for salesmen?]. Lot costs detailed in bottom margin. Oblong format: 24" x 32-5/8". Folded: 8-1/2" x 12-1/8". Housed in an archival mylar sleeve [folded]. One hole has developed at a fold juncture, otherwise VG+. Item #45922
From Wiki, "In 1878 land belonging to Washington Township of Alameda County was purchased by The Pacific Land Investment Company and subdivided to form the town of Newark."
This a lot / street map, showing blocks and lots with their numbers and dimensions, of the new 'town site', bounded by George Street & County road in the North; Cherry Road & Central Av in the East; and Perrin Av in the South. The western boundary road is not named. Map also depicts the S.P.C Railroad route through the town.
Much has changed in the town's layout, especially the western portion, since this plan was created over 125 years ago... the county road at top now Thornton Ave, with many other streets here depicted no longer extant.
OCLC records one holding [noted as a photocopy], UC Berkeley.